Sunday, December 25, 2005

Thieves Suck

I live in a good neighborhood, in an isolated area in a tangled maze of streets. Within this twisty maze, I live on a cul-de-sac. Last Sunday I had a track event and had the car on the trailer hitched to my truck, all parked in front of my house. To save some time in the morning, I put my brand-new set of race tires on my spare set of wheels flat in the bed in the back of the truck. I did this at about 10:30pm, knowing I'd be up and back out there at 5:30am.

At 5:30am the tires and wheels were gone.

I should say that I race a Taurus. A Ford Taurus. I'm the only guy in AZ, and likely in the entire southwest, that tracks a Taurus. The bolt pattern and wheel offset on the Taurus is fairly unique, and is shared with only a few other cars, including a few Volvos. The tires are race tires, and not the greatest choice for street use. So unless whoever took these also races a Taurus or a Volvo they're wasted.

Morons.