Monday, October 10, 2005

My new religion.

I've been considering religion again after a long period away. So far I have it narrowed down to two candidates, The Church of the Subgenius (http://www.subgenius.com/) and Pastafarianism (http://www.venganza.org).

They both have their points. The Church of the Subgenius is certainly better established, but Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, (Pastafarians believe the universe was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster), has a beer volcano and a stripper factory in their heaven. That's pretty tempting.

So right now I'm leaning toward FSMism. It's simpler and I already feel like I fit in. They understand me. Isn't that important in selecting a religion?

Maybe He'll touch me with His Noodly Appendage and I'll have an epiphanistic conversion. Until then I shall remain suitably skeptical.

But, damn, a beer volcano...

5 Comments:

Blogger carolynbee said...

Oooo, I found your blog! :D Yes, a beer volcano does tempt one.....

November 2, 2005 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger SHOboy said...

Ah, so at least one person other than me has read it.


...assuming you read it... ;)

November 19, 2005 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger carolynbee said...

Well, yes. I did. =)

December 1, 2006 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger carolynbee said...

Er, and I don't seem to be able to comment on any of your newer entries.

Plus, telling people about your blog would get them to visit it and comment, which would make you want to post more often. ;)

December 1, 2006 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger SHOboy said...

Ehhh, crap. Finally fixed that, so new blog posts (should one arrive upon the wave of a melting glacier) will have comments enabled.

June 4, 2007 at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home